A Push Notification Helper Library for Windows Phone 7.0, 7.x & 8.0 App Developers.
Easy Notification 1.0.0 is now available as a NuGet Package
here. Package ID is
'Easy Notification' is a C# 4.0 Push Notification helper library that provides a simple interface to send
Toast, Tile, Raw and other notifications to Windows Phone and Windows 8 devices.
- as an app developer, creating and sending notifications is a tedious process, because of the Http requests/responses involved.
- this library abstracts all this out to provide a clean and simple interface so that you can quickly integrate notification features into your app.
Using the library is as simple as creating a message object and calling a method.
var toastMessage = new WindowsPhoneToastPushNotificationMessage();
var result = PushNotifier.SendPushNotificationMessage(toastMessage);
- Send Tile, Toast & Raw Notifications to WP 7.0 & WP 7.x & WP 8 Devices.
- Has Validations in-built. You can turn it on/off.
- Abstracts the http & xml implementation details by strongly typed objects.
- Returns the appropriate response in a strongly typed manner.
- Supports Windows Phone 7.0 & Windows Phone 7.1. & Windows Phone 8 devices.
- Provides suggestions on next steps as per MSDN, based on the response.
- Supports synchronous & asynchronous methods to send notifications.
- Supports authenticated notifications using X509 Certificates. (not many libraries do this.)
- Supports Callback Registration Requests. (not many libraries out there do this.)
- Supports Localization. Just drop in the appropriate resource files.
- In-built error handling so that you always get the response. (with raw exception included)
next planned release:
- Seamless support for Windows 8 Devices. [with minimal interface changes]
- Major Version.Feature Version.Bug Fix (e.g. 1.0.0)
- Bug fixes will not be breaking changes.
- Feature changes/Major Version changes may not be necessarily breaking changes. I'll try to avoid it as much as possible.
they say that 'if at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.' alright, point taken.
feel free to
create a new work item or drop me a line here
contact rajanadar, if you have any inputs.